We have three master programmes:
- A one-year programme in public health
- A two-year programme in public health
- A two year programme in public health with a specialization in health economics
The first year on the two year programmes is identical to the one-year programme
Our two-year Master programme in Public Health is the best in Sweden. It was, during 2012, the only two-year programme in public health that received the highest grade by the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education – “very high quality”.
The one-year programme is relatively new and the health economics programme was started in the fall of 2015.
There are many scholarships available for non-European students.
Umeå International School of Public Health offers education on basic, advanced and research education levels.
Are you interested in:
- how to promote health and prevent diseases?
- the relations between social conditions and health?
- how to organise and run health systems so that resources are efficiently allocated while at the same time equity is being promoted?
- how to evaluate health interventions from an economical point of view?
- studying in a global environment where a large part of the students come from low and middle income countries?
Then you should consider applying for one of our master programmes in public health. They provide the scientific basis for professional work in the field of Public Health, whilst also serving as an introduction to public health research.
We have many students from low and middle income countries. This makes up an exciting study environment where people with a different educational and cultural background meet. All of the courses are given in English. All of the courses can also be taken as single subject courses.